Chasing Davies: Chicago Apartment Finds

June 8, 2009

Chicago Apartment Finds

Visiting my friends in Chicago this past weekend, I got to see their new digs and found some really great inspirations for, when someday, I get my own home that I feel like decorating.

Check out Amber's big style in a small space. She was really able to separate her studio with paint colors and by adding bright touches with mixes of can't-do-wrong neutrals. I really love the gray walls, which is a neutral, but also super fun at the same time. Her pillows tied in all the colors and add fun eye candy!

In another apartment, not too far away (and if I new my cardinal directions better, I could probably tell you which way), my friend Coco has worked with her space to maximize the decor and showcase her collections. She added her collections of birds to a pretty plate to adorn the top of her dresser. This is eye catching and interesting to look at. She's collected these over time and they all look really good together.