Chasing Davies: Dining Room Centerpiece

May 5, 2010

Dining Room Centerpiece

This past weekend I went to my second Pottery Barn Decorating Class (first one was about peeks and valleys).  This one was about decorating with botanical and vase fillers. This was perfect timing, because my new dining room table was looking pretty boring and in major need of a centerpiece....

Pretty curtains, yes, but boring table.

I wanted something simple, interesting and unique - but also low so that people could sit around the table and see one another, and I didn't have to move things on and off.

So... I played around with my table clothes and vases that I had already, and picked up a few new things at Pottery Barn with my 10% off coupon for attending the free Decorating Class.





I got Spanish Moss (left) and Light blue and green with clear sea glass (similar to the right).




So, the experimenting began...

I tried a lime green table cloth and kelly green centerpiece.  To Eastery with the Turquoise curtains.

Swapped out the green middle piece for a gray one to bring back in some gray.
Liking it better, but the lime green is just not right.

Swapped out the lime table cloth for a gray one.  The gray on gray isn't working so well, but love how the green pops.

Brought back in the green center piece.  I like the pop of color from the gray.
The sea glass ties in the curtains and the moss and faux-grass adds another color element to the yellow and gray walls.