Chasing Davies: Outfit Inspiration: A Touch of Neon

June 16, 2010

Outfit Inspiration: A Touch of Neon

Just a piece of neon, ok? I'm not trying to stir up the 90s for ya, but I think a bit-o-neon is kinda fun, paired with something that can help tone it down.

I've been wanting to incorporate a bright neon green/yellow t I scored on sale from J.Crew into an outfit for the last couple weeks.

And I remembered this little bit from the June issue of Lucky (pg. 88) in the Lucky How-To section about Gray being the new summer neutral (kudos to that - I love all grays).  So not really about the gray inspired my outfit, but how they paired it with a bit of neon!  See capris and heels in the below?  Love that little pop!


So I took that shirt I got from my near by J.Crew store (not avail online) and paired it with a slightly preppy gray and white stripped skirt, also on sale from in-store J.Crew (oh, and my jelly flats):


Are you bring any neon back in your life?