Chasing Davies: Jumping into Fall with Kohl's

August 5, 2010

Jumping into Fall with Kohl's

Hit up Kohl's this weekend to check out some of the cute stuff I'd been seeing online (as posted about here and here last week) and had some great luck for some new Fall pieces!

While I don't want summer to end (I'd gladly say goodbye to the 100+ degree temps, but love the fun in the sun), these fall clothes, layers and something different makes me a bit excited for fall:

Note: So sorry about the IRL photos...via dying blackberry (must.get.new.phone.asap.).

I had my eye on this cute dress that I could wear now (well, after my 30x30 challenge) and into Fall with layers:


Simply Vera Vera Wang Pleated Dress - LOVED, got it.  Can't wait to wear it.

More than leggings, these will be perfect in the fall with a tunic/short summery dress and in the winter with boots:


Sorry for my workout socks (I should have planned this trip better)
Simply Vera Vera Want Skinny Ponte Pants - got these babies, though this IRL photo does absolutely nothing to help my case.

Like I need another gray cardi (or gray anything for that matter), this was way too comfy to pass up (and would look cute with the above legging pants!):


Not found online.
Simply Vera Vera Wang Gray Cardigan with Military-esp buttons down the sides
This is long sleeved (I pulled the sleeves up slightly, but they were plenty long enough).

Also got the perfect throw on jacket that will undoubtedly get plenty of use once the temps fall:


I didn't get a photo in it, yet.  But you'll see me in is soon enough! :)
Simply Vera Vera Wang Cropped Jacket
It has a really nice hang to it - lays nicely on me and it is not bulky at all.  Perfect layer piece!

What I wish had worked:


I like this dress a ton - but it was just too short on me.  I wouldn't get much wear out of this with it this short.
I also think this dress would have looked a lot better without my sports bra on. :)
Elle Mixed-Media Dress

And I so want this dress, but all that was left in store and online is not my size!!  Big bummer, because it looks so cute!


ELLE Floral Maxi Dress
I need a Medium or Large and would take this one or the black and white one if anyone knows where I can find it!! :)

So, have you checked out Kohl's lately?