Chasing Davies: Mascara Deluxe Sampler Review (Part 3, of 10)

October 13, 2010

Mascara Deluxe Sampler Review (Part 3, of 10)

Back to the mascara review (see first two here), after the using the first few trials in Sephora's Deluxe Mascara Sampler to fruition (no matter how much I liked it, I wanted to use it all), I'm on to review sample 3:

Korres Abyssinia Oil Volumizing and Strengthening Mascara

Here's what Sephora said about Korres Mascara: Enriched with Abyssinia oil, a conditioning botanical that builds volume and length for lush, gorgeous, natural-looking lashes you will love.

My review:  

Pros - the mascara lengthens and makes for natural looking lashes.  A good base layer! They also felt soft, and no flakes!

Cons - mascara color is not dark enough.  I like dark black mascara!  No thickening on my lashes.

The Photos:

Reader left - mascara, right - naked lashes

Both eyes have a couple layers each. Lashes are long, yet natural looking.  I used this mascara as a base before adding on my (still) favorite, drug-store brand: L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen

Added L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen to both set of lashes. Lashes are a little darker, little thicker.

Overall I really liked the Korres Abyssinia Oil Volatilizing Mascara - I would definitely get this again to use as my base layer or bumming around (times I don't need the full-effect lashes).


Have any of you tried this kind of mascara, or this sampler pack?  What is your favorite mascara?