Chasing Davies: J.Crew Maritime Dress

February 25, 2011

J.Crew Maritime Dress

Like I said on Wednesday, the first day after the 30 day remix challenge and shopping-band, I ran out to J.Crew and purchased the J.Crew Stripe Painter's Tee & this lovely, so fun, perfectly striped Maritime Dress that I have been drooling over.  And, I think this dress was meant for me, just a little bit...


I was allowed to shop again, so I hurried to J.Crew on my way to yoga class.  I didn't see the dress with all the newer arrivals, so asked the SA near the front.  She said that Kansas City stores hadn't received this dress yet. Bummer!  I said, well, I guess I can order it online. Then she checked and found that it wasn't available there anymore - on back order until late March, or about. Now I was feeling super sad. I'd been waiting to get this!

But then another sales attendant overheard us, and said - We just had someone return this dress, in size Large. I perked up and said, that might be perfect!

I tried it on and worked great!  This dress definitely runs a little bit big & the Medium might be better, but I like the way the large is looser (and longer) on me.  So depending on what you are going for, you might want to size down.

Furniture Refurbishment coming along...

And like YogaGirl, I winterized the dress! 
{Black velvet blazer - Filines Basement in Chicago; black tights - Banana Republic; black wedges - Gap, traded with friend; black belt - Limited, long ago; pearl necklace - Forever 21}

Few days left to enter my $100 Shopbop.com giveaway!  Go here.

And show some love to my new sponsor, and enter my $25 Apothica.com (beauty products) giveaway! Go here.