Chasing Davies: Nursery Decor: Mood Board Start

August 5, 2011

Nursery Decor: Mood Board Start

White, black and different hues of green is the theme on my mind for baby boy and his nursery.  Here are the basics of my planning to get this mood board started.


We already have a similar cubed shelf and dresser as in this mood board.  So we are on the search for natural wood crib, similar to this one (but way less expensive...), but might have to go with a white one due to lack of options, which would be ok, too.  I picked up a similar white, rectangle mirror from TJ Maxx this past weekend for $40!  A steal!

I want black and white textiles (the curtains, bedding, rug, etc), but in all different patterns.  I'll most likely piecemeal the bedding together to keep it from looking too girly. Loving stripes and polka dots right now for the little mister's bed (found via Amazon), chevron for the curtains (plan to make them myself) and the rug is something we already own (via FLOR).

I'm going to weave in some elephants, but it will be subtle and here & there.  And amazing - like the black and white elephant pouf I have already ordered.  Maybe some black and white elephant wall art (like the visual I found via Google Images).


Also I will stray from all black & white and greens a bit with some pops of color, like the above cube storage bins, elephant mobile and naturally baby toys & books that will fill the room and bookshelf.

I'll keep you posted as the nursery progresses.  Until then, let me know what you think!


Follow Me on Twitter & Like Me on Facebook

P.S. Last day to enter my GIVEAWAY!