Chasing Davies: Everything is Better with Friends

September 9, 2011

Everything is Better with Friends




{Denim shirt -J.Crew Outlet, Stripe 3/4 Shirt - J.Crew, Cafe Capris - J.Crew, Leopard Scarf - J.Crew Outlet, Bracelet - Loft, Necklace - See below, Red Flats - Franco Sarto}

I love doing the normal things with friends - shopping, dinner, movies, drinking wine (when not with child), but I also love doing different things that are also helpful!  Like helping a friend shop their closet, clothing swap parties and now, DIY parties!  I've had a growing Pinterest DIY list and wanted to get some projects done, so had a craft party last weekend at my house with friends.  We each brought our own materials and DIY projects, ate snacks and chatted over crafting.  I made quite a few things that I'll be debuting.  

My first project - that red necklace you see me wearing!  I got the full tutorial from ECAB, but made the beaded portions longer (10" vs. 5.5") and used a toggle clasp.

Your shopping list: 2 large jump rings, 6 bead tips, heavy duty thread, chain, beads (I needed those two bottles for this whole necklace), a clasp, scissors and needle nose pliers.

What do you think?  Would you have guessed it was self made?

Have you entered the great bracelet giveaway yet?  
Sunday is the last day!

Follow Me on Twitter & Like Me on Facebook